Friday, August 3, 2012

Hurry up and wait...

I guess its a military motto. They hurry up...and wait. I think a lot of time is spent sitting on buses, waiting in Chow hall lines, waiting on orders, etc..

BW has been training for deployment since little O was born. The timeframes he was gone varied; sometimes weeks and sometimes months. Needless to say, we haven't had a moment of normalcy since..uh, ever. We've been 'hurrying up and waiting' for about 6 months now.

Bittersweet feeling to finally say that he has deployed. Left the states. Boots in Country. Mark your calendars...counting downnnn NOW.

This morning was my first morning waking up to a blank phone. No text message. No 'good morning beautiful.' No message telling me how awesomely wonderful of a Mom I am (you know all those things we want to hear). I laid in bed thinking about this simple fact and the lack of communication that is about to come. Tears welling up. Then I heard it...'gooo goooo gaaaa gaaaa'.. Emotions shut off and I put my Mommy cape on. There is a little lady in the next room who doesn't wait.. not for bottles, not for binkies, not for Daddy and certainly not for Mommy to get her crap together. With every day that passes is another day closer... until then, we will hurry up and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment